Ask The Nail Tech

Nail Care, Nail Jokes and Whatever else I can find for You!

Need to know more about taking care of your nails or a nail product or just want to keep up with nail trends?

I'm here to share with you what I know about nail care and
I'm always on the lookout for new nail trends, nail news and products for you to enjoy!


I love a good nail joke and always love sharing anything funny so I'll bring you a salon joke and other goodies I find for you from time to time.

Pretty Nails, Funny Nails it's all about the nails and a good laugh!

Oh! don't forget to share with your friends. ;-)
Thanks! Kathy

Monday

Thick Coarse Dry Hair! Oh My!

Yes I'm on this hair thing again! Y'all know I have been growing it out from a pixie and it is still driving me nutty!

But I have some good news for those of you that have thick, coarse, dry hair.

If you are looking for a product to help your hair feel softer but still have a healthy shine? Read on..........

Let me start by saying my hair is very thick and coarse and I'm a young salt and pepper.
I always say it's as coarse as a horses tail! *wink* and now that it's salt and pepper it tends to have a lot more frizz and curl around the sideburn area.

I have always wished for that soft shinny medium textured hair.
You know like the girls you see and go.............. Oh My her hair looks so soft and pretty!

I have tried so many products to only end up with sort of a dull dirty look to my hair because of the product just coating and
weighing it down.

So after doing some research I decided that I was going give Wella products a try.
You know Wella has been around well over 100 years and they know hair. 
I know I make a few typos but that 100 was not a typo. *wink* Wella really has been around forever and they know hair!

So I headed to the supply store to see what they had to say about my decisions on the hair products and how they thought the Wella might work for my coarse dry hair. 
The girl was being very sweet and she said part of my problems was my platinum highlights.
I laughed and said my platinum highlights are el natural. 
*I'm laughing* Thinking she probably wish she could get some color on my hair.

Well I'm over all that coloring mess and I sure don't miss the time and money it takes every three to four weeks to color my hair.

I have been salt and pepper for a couple of years now and I kinda like it.

So after doing some research and checking into it at the supply store. I decided to give the Wella products a try. 
So here are the two products I purchased and my results below:


Ad: Wella enrich moisturizing shampoo for coarse hair, 10.1 oz 


Ad: Wella Enrich Moisturizing Conditioner for Coarse Hair, 8.4 oz


My Results:
Now the girl at the beauty supply told me to give it awhile and I would begin to see a difference. 
She was so right because the more I use it the more I like it.

I can not tell you how much softer my hair is and how much less frizzy my sideburns are and my hair is still very shinny. 
Yay! No more dull look to my hair.

Tip: I will say that I'm rotating my shampoo with my regular Clairol Shimmer Lights shampoo because I do not want my silver locks to turn yellow. 
If you have grey in your hair I think you can find the Clairol Shimmer Lights at Sally Beauty.

Tip: Right before I blow dry, I also put a little bit of the conditioner in the sideburn area and leave in as I dry my hair to help keep the frizz down.


Have you tried the Wella products for Coarse Dry Hair?


No comments: