Ask The Nail Tech

Nail Care, Nail Jokes and Whatever else I can find for You!

Need to know more about taking care of your nails or a nail product or just want to keep up with nail trends?

I'm here to share with you what I know about nail care and
I'm always on the lookout for new nail trends, nail news and products for you to enjoy!


I love a good nail joke and always love sharing anything funny so I'll bring you a salon joke and other goodies I find for you from time to time.

Pretty Nails, Funny Nails it's all about the nails and a good laugh!

Oh! don't forget to share with your friends. ;-)
Thanks! Kathy

Saturday

Get Nail Glue Off Your Hands!

Remove Nail Glue frim Hands
Glued Hands Oh No!

Have you ever opened that nail glue or super glue and all of a sudden you notice you have that glue all over your hands.

I think most of us can relate to that!

Yesterday while I was working on my buttons I was using some of the Kiss Nail glue I told you about the other day. 



The Kiss Nail Glue really is some good nail glue for the price. You can read about it here.

Anyway I got that wonderful nail glue all over my hands. Dang it! I was trying to be so careful! 

It made me think, some of you might like to know how to get that glue off your hands if it ever happens to you.

Believe me with all the years of doing nails I have had my share of nail glue on my skin and nails.

Now I just saw a guy recommending you use a razor blade to remove the glue from your hands and even if this will remove the glue, it sounds dangerous to me. XXX!


So here's a little tip to help you if you do get nail glue or super glue on your hands, fingers or nails.


remove glue from skin


You can take a old rag or paper towel or even cotton balls drenched in acetone and hold it on the glue for a few seconds. 
Wash your hands really good with soap and water.

If you still have a little glue left on your hands you can use one of the big files and just gently go over the glue and then apply a little more acetone and the glue should let loose from your skin.

If you happen to get the glue on your nails you can use a three way buffer to gently smooth the glue down and just let it grow on off. 
Of course if you have polished nails you will have to remove your polish to buff the glue off your nails.


Clean you hands after removing glue


Just remember after you get the glue off your hands to wash up really good!


Tip: Careful and protect your work area from the acetone!

Do you have a tip you would like to share with us on how you have removed nail glue from your hands?

No comments: