Ask The Nail Tech

Nail Care, Nail Jokes and Whatever else I can find for You!

Need to know more about taking care of your nails or a nail product or just want to keep up with nail trends?

I'm here to share with you what I know about nail care and
I'm always on the lookout for new nail trends, nail news and products for you to enjoy!


I love a good nail joke and always love sharing anything funny so I'll bring you a salon joke and other goodies I find for you from time to time.

Pretty Nails, Funny Nails it's all about the nails and a good laugh!

Oh! don't forget to share with your friends. ;-)
Thanks! Kathy

Tuesday

Take Care of thoes Fingernails and Toenails!

Yikes! Have you ever had a toenail or fingernail that was lifting away from the nail bed or a nail that just didn't look right?

Nail lifting from the nail bed
Nail lifting from the nail bed.

I recently had a someone email me about a toenail problem he was having and he wanted to know if he should go to the salon to get it fixed or maybe go the doctor route. What do you think my answer was?
This was a very good question and because a nail can lift for many different reasons trauma, health, etc. Now if you have banged your nail with a hammer or something (like I would do) then you would know why it looks different. ;-)

But any time your nails change in appearance, whether it be fingernails or toenails, it is always better to see a doctor to rule out anything bad that could be going on.
And the sooner the better.

I would not recommend going to the salon because nail technicians are not doctors, Yep I said it! Cause if there is any open skin it could have a point of entry for germs-bacteria.
If the nail needs clipped off a Doctor (Podiatrist) would be your best choice and he/she may also want to do a culture and make sure nothing is going on underneath the nail and the implements they use are sure to be sterilized.

Always remember your nails can tell a lot about you and it's always better to be safe than sorry! :-)
Do you have a nail that you think you should get checked out?






No comments: