Ask The Nail Tech

Nail Care, Nail Jokes and Whatever else I can find for You!

Need to know more about taking care of your nails or a nail product or just want to keep up with nail trends?

I'm here to share with you what I know about nail care and
I'm always on the lookout for new nail trends, nail news and products for you to enjoy!


I love a good nail joke and always love sharing anything funny so I'll bring you a salon joke and other goodies I find for you from time to time.

Pretty Nails, Funny Nails it's all about the nails and a good laugh!

Oh! don't forget to share with your friends. ;-)
Thanks! Kathy

Thursday

Should you have Gel Polish with your Pedicure?


Gel Pedicure on toes
Gel Pedicure

A lot of my clients would ask about having Gel Polish on their toes and my response was always this:


A Good  Pedicure should last about 3 to 4 weeks and then you will start to really notice the growth at the cuticle area and will be in need of another Pedicure at this point anyway.

Here are a few things to consider when deciding:


A Good Pedicure should last a long time. (3 to 4 weeks)
A Good Pedicure is easier to remove and kinder to the skin around your toes.
You won't need to worry about the extra dryness that may come from sitting and soaking off the Gel Polish.

The only real benefit I see of having Gel Polish on your toes verses a Good Pedicure would be that your toes are dry when finished.

But think about it like this as far as time goes you will have to spend some time sitting either way you go, because if you do the Gel Polish you will need to sit and soak off the Gel Polish at the beginning of your appointment or you will sit at the end of your appointment to let your regular nail polish dry, so either way there will be time involved. The price we pay for beauty right?

So I think you should save the extra cost $, allow a little extra time for drying and just have a regular Pedicure instead.
Just my 2cents ;-)
What do you think? Do you have a Gel Pedicure?

No comments: