Ask The Nail Tech

Nail Care, Nail Jokes and Whatever else I can find for You!

Need to know more about taking care of your nails or a nail product or just want to keep up with nail trends?

I'm here to share with you what I know about nail care and
I'm always on the lookout for new nail trends, nail news and products for you to enjoy!


I love a good nail joke and always love sharing anything funny so I'll bring you a salon joke and other goodies I find for you from time to time.

Pretty Nails, Funny Nails it's all about the nails and a good laugh!

Oh! don't forget to share with your friends. ;-)
Thanks! Kathy

Monday

Best way to store your Nail Polish

Hope everyone had a great weekend, It is supposed to be over 90 degrees here all week so I felt this might be a good time for reminding everyone on the best ways to store your nail polish, and remind you please don't leave it in your car.
You hear all kinds things about the best ways to store your nail polish, so I decided to do a little research before I brought this article to you.




I remember reading about this before and here is what Suzi of OPI had to say, she said "your polish would have less discoloration if kept in the fridge" and then the chemist they talked to said "the refrigerator was probably not the safest place to store your nail polish". Yikes! I have done that.


Anyway here is what I think and know from my own mistakes of leaving my nail products in the heat for to long. It can cause your polish to become thick and it can literally cure your gel products (has happened to me) :(  and is a very expensive lesson to learn.
So storing your nail polish upright with the lids tight in a cool place and remember when out shopping not to leave you polish in a hot car in the summer time.
Click here if you would like to read the article By Valerie Monroe on Oprah.

No comments: