Ask The Nail Tech

Nail Care, Nail Jokes and Whatever else I can find for You!

Need to know more about taking care of your nails or a nail product or just want to keep up with nail trends?

I'm here to share with you what I know about nail care and
I'm always on the lookout for new nail trends, nail news and products for you to enjoy!


I love a good nail joke and always love sharing anything funny so I'll bring you a salon joke and other goodies I find for you from time to time.

Pretty Nails, Funny Nails it's all about the nails and a good laugh!

Oh! don't forget to share with your friends. ;-)
Thanks! Kathy

Monday

Should I use a Base Coat before I Polish my nails?

Hi,Hope everyone had a great weekend!
It was a little chilly here where I live but I am not complaining because the heat will be coming soon. :0)
Okay let me quit rambling and get back to nails because that is why you are here right?
So the Nail Question today is..... Do I have to use a base coat when polishing my nails at home? 

 
And the answer is Nope, you do not have to wear a base coat but you should, if you apply a good base coat to your nails before your polish the benefits are well worth the extra few minutes it takes to apply.


  • Most Base Coats are made with ingredients that are good for your nails.
  • It can add a little extra strength to the nail.(most of us need all the help we can get)

  • It can help them from peeling, splitting and breaking.

  • It will help to protect your nails from being discolored from the polish. (especially the darker colors)

  • Your polish should go on and look smoother.

  • It has a sticky substance to bind to the polish and can help your polish to stay on longer.(every extra day counts right? ;-)

The only time you shouldn't use a base coat is,if you are using a nail product like Vinylux from CND that specifically states that no base coat is required. You can read about it here:

We have all been guilty at one time or another and just paint on a coat or two of color add a top coat and hit the road.(And yes that includes me The Nail Tech-shush don't tell on me 8D )

However if you are going to take the time to polish your nails with regular nail polish. Then yes I highly recommend that you go ahead and put on that base coat it really is worth it.

Do you have a favorite base coat you would like to recommend? Share it with us in the comment box below.

No comments: